- 200 micro-enterprises and small distributors and 200 low-income households
- Casablanca, Rabat and Tanger inhabitants
- The partner Microfinance Institution (IMF) and local partners
- A consultative workshop on micro-finance and energy was organized in Morocco, attended by around 70 people from various sectors and stakeholder groups
- The partners also carried out a survey of income-generating activities to find out precisely the energy profiles of the final beneficiaries of the project and decide which products to promote
- Studies on product supply chains began at the end of 2010 to determine the existence of units producing the selected products
- The institutional component of the project provided a perspective on policies in force in the energy sector in Morocco
The partners will continue to identify potential products and sources of supply in Egypt. In both countries, beneficiaries of micro-credit will be selected and business models will be developed in accordance with the specific features of the support beneficiaries are to receive.