This book is intended not only for development planners and project leaders seeking to disseminate decentralized wastewater treatment systems, but also for engineers who need a tool for designing treatment plants and for everyone who needs to understand the issues involved in wastewater treatment.
It helps to understand the systems and how they can be implemented, as well as serving as a decision-making tool.
Table of content
- DDEWATS: properties, performance and field of application
- Wastewater treatment process
- Ecology and self-purification effect
- Control parameters
- Dimension parameters
- Sludge treatment
- Recycling wastewater and sludge
- Exploiting biogas
- Spreadsheets for computerized calculations
Written by Ludwig Sasse, civil engineer from BORDA
BORDA (Bremen Overseas Development Agency ) With the financial support of the European Commission (DGIB/D/4) and the city of Bremen
Translated by GERES (Alice Veisblat and Dirk Esser)
Printed in Bremen in 1998