France - Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region
2015 - 2017
Context and challenges
- In Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, 600,000 people are in a situation of energy poverty: they face difficulties to pay their energy bills or maintain a minimum comfort in their housing. With the rise in electricity prices and the stagnation or even the loss of income, this phenomenon is worsening.
- The direct consequences for these families are indebtedness, withdrawal or social exclusion and negative impacts on their health.
- Communities and social landlords are motivated to take action but struggle to identify effective lines of action.
From 2011 to 2014, GERES experimented locally, evaluated and capitalized with 6 European partners, a transferable and adaptable intervention methodology for each territory. In the field of fuel poverty for more than 10 years, GERES has continued to explore needs and new solutions to deal with them.
- GERES and its partners are proposing to support 250 low-income households and continue to disseminate in the PACA region the personalized system for combating fuel poverty. The project involves the training of three professional induction officers who will carry out interventions in the homes of households. They will provide families with advice, small and economical equipment, and referral to appropriate services, enabling them to sustainably reduce their water and energy costs.
- The project plans to scale up interventions by transferring the methodology to local authorities, professional actors and social landlords so that they can appropriate the system and implement it on their territory with 400 additional households.
- To continuously improve the effectiveness of the system, the project also provides for the creation of a management and data capitalization tool as well as the implementation of a pilot project for the realization of energy efficiency projects. first level among households.
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Region
- CLER (Réseau pour la Transition énergétique)
- RREP (Réseau Régional Energie Précarité)
- Médiance 13
Resources (in French)