Action in progress
France and nothern Mediterranean
2017 - 2019
COMPOSE is a European project of the Interreg Mediterranean programme, of which GERES is the French partner. One of the priority areas of the European Union’s program dedicated to the Mediterranean regions is to promote low-carbon strategies and energy efficiency in three typologies of territories: cities, islands and rural territories.
The COMPOSE project is built on the experience of previous initiatives to provide a synthetic model for integrating renewable energy and energy efficiency into territorial planning.
- European Union (FEDER) / MED Programme
- seeking Local co-funders
- project coordinator : Chambre d’Agriculture et des Forêts de Slovénie – Institut Maribor
- Energy agencies (Portugal, Croatia)
- Universities: Tirana (Albania), Technical University of Crete (Greece)
- Kyoto Club (Italia), Institute for Strategic Studies and Prognoses (Montenegro)
- Local collectivities : City of Granollers (Spain), City of Srebrenik (Bosnia), City of Lakatamia (Cyprus)