France - Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region
Encouraged by new regulations, composting is an excellent way of recycling household waste that can be adopted at all levels: from the home to industrial installations through to the whole local community.
However, there are still no specific educational materials on composting aimed at schools. Looking at existing environmental education materials, GERES favours designing materials that can be adjusted depending on:
- the intended aim: from simple information to changing behaviour
- the type of audience: suitable for each stage of education (middle or secondary school) and environmental education activities beyond the school context
The work began with an initial analysis of the needs of potential users. A prototype will be produced to launch a series of tests on use of the materials in real conditions with a view to improvement. Once the materials have been finalized, they can be disseminated through the various school and environmental education networks for the start of the 2011 autumn term.
- The french agency for Environment and Energy Management (regional office ADEME PACA)
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Regional Council
- GRAINE PACA (regional environmental eduction network)