Action in progress
France - Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region
2015 - 2018
For 15 years, GERES has been spreading bioclimatic agricultural greenhouses in the cold regions of Central Asia. Constructed using simple techniques with local materials, these greenhouses show very good thermal performance allowing good yields even in difficult climatic conditions. They represent a productive tool that is energy efficient and relevant for small and medium-sized farms.
The development of new models adapted to the context of the PACA region, through 5 pilot bioclimatic greenhouses, aims to provide answers for:
- Diversification of production, and in particular empowerment with regard to the supply of seedlings (old varieties, plants for organic farming …)
- The extension of the cropping season for a better exploitation profitability
- Production at altitude favoring the establishment or the maintenance of activity in isolated territory.
- regional office of ADEME (French agency for environment and Energy saving)
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Region
- Groupe de Recherche en Agriculture Biologique
- Download the project sheet (in French)
- Publication : Horticultural Greenhouses in Tajikistan
- Publication : Solar Greenhouses for Mongolia: Construction Guidelines
- Video : Passive solar greenhouses in Mogolia