Mission PHéE « Petite Hydroélectricité et Environnement »
France - Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region
2007 - 2012
PHéE mission “Small-scale Hydro-electricity & Environment” intends to support the development and optimization of small-scale hydro-electricity projects that protect aquatic environments and produce renewable energy. These concerns are now legitimated by two European directives which set ambitious targets: ecologically healthy water by 2015 and 23% of electricity consumption from renewable sources by 2020.
The PHéE initiative has produced various tools designed to build a common culture of small-scale hydro-electricity in the PACA region: technical reference documents, website and events. Around a dozen projects are helped towards environmental excellence every year, which means permanent mobilization of the economic, regulatory and institutional stakeholders in the sector.
- ADEME PACA
- Région PACA
- Water Authority Rhône-Mediterranean-Corsica
- French Environment and Energy Management Agency (ADEME PACA)
- DREAL (Direction Régionale de l'Environnement, de l'Aménagement et du Logement)
- ONEMA (Office National de l'Eau et des Milieux Aquatiques)
- PACA Region
- Project leaders, project investors
- Associations and institutions that represent different water use
- Energy and water institutions and administrations