The challenges of biofuels for the farming community in Mali
Controversy rages over biofuels! Rising farm produce prices and the associated food crises, competing land uses, environmental impacts and uneven results as regards the climate are amongst the reasons why a degree of suspicion is justified concerning the development of biofuels in the South. The first part of this document presents the results of local consultations, while the second reports back on the exchanges between participants at a national workshop organized in Bamako in May 2009.
Table of contents
- 4 case studies
- The challenges of biofuels for small farmers
- Hidden or poorly understood issues
- Minutes of the National Feedback Workshop, Bamako, 5 May 2009
- Edition: Geres
- Author: Géraldine Pallière, Swan Fauveaud
- Technical partners: Geres, AMEDD, ICD
- Year: 2009
- Language: French
- Pages: 48
- Financial support: CFSI, IIED
YOU WOULD LIKE TO TAKE ACTION
AND SUPPORT WHAT WE DO?
Tell us who you are and find your means of action.