Clean stove Initiative Indonesia
Country / Year
World Bank, French Agency of Development
Summary and Geres role
The Clean Stoves Initiative Program in Indonesia, implemented in partnership with the World Bank, the Directorate of Bioenergy, the Bank Rakyat Indonesia and Yayasan Dian Desa, aimed at providing access to clean and efficient cooking solutions to the 24.5 M households using solid biomass energy (mainly fuelwood) as their main source of cooking energy. One of the results of the piloting phase in Central Jogjakarta and NTT was the distribution of 9.700 improved cookers by 10 entities facilitated by the RBF facility.
Description of services actually provided:
- Contribution to the implementation of contextualized test protocols and training for their application
- Development of the blue print of an improved cookstove model in collaboration with a local craftsman
- Capacity building to local producers of clay-made cookstoves: Research and Development and business development
- Contribution to the design and supervision of the implementation of the Monitoring & Verification Process linked to the Result Based Financing scheme (RBF)
- Allocation of micro-funds to finance promotional activities for distributors
YOU WOULD LIKE TO TAKE ACTION
AND SUPPORT WHAT WE DO?
Tell us who you are and find your means of action.