Mitigation and adaptation measures in rural territories and satellite towns (CEMAATERR)
Country / Year
Benin, Cambodia, Morocco et Mongolia / 2016-2022
French Development Agency
Summary and Geres role
The CEMAATERR program associates the different stakeholders of a territory to the planning and implementation of sustainable energy solutions in rural territories and secondary relay towns through a territorial approach based on 4 components :
It targets 4 territories that are particularly vulnerable to the effects of climate change:
- In Benin and Cambodia, forested areas in tropical climatic zones strongly affected by deforestation and forest degradation.
- In Morocco and Mongolia, mountainous areas that face cold and harsh winters, exacerbating the problems of thermal comfort.
The first phase of the program (2016-2019) has identified 2 key sectors of the energy and ecological transition for which local public actors have real responsibilities with a strong potential to federate the other actors of the territory.
The second phase thus aims to:
- Consolidate the dynamics of planning and multi-actor governance to initiate the territorial energy transition.
- Practically demonstrate the relevance and feasibility of deploying sustainable energy solutions in the building (Morocco and Mongolia) and biomass energy sectors (Benin and Cambodia)
- Test, analyse and capitalize on intervention principles – technical, legal, financial, organizational, institutional – in order to promote their replication in other contexts
In this context, Geres provides expertise in the following areas:
- The networking of the actors at different scales
- The realization of participatory territorial diagnostics and the analysis of public policies
- Strengthening the capacities of local elected officials and technical managers to integrate energy and climate issues into public policies and interventions
- Supporting the productive sector to develop a local supply of sustainable energy services
- Conducting awareness-raising and promotion activities for the supply of energy services in collaboration with local civil society
- The identification and implementation of pilot actions mobilizing Geres’ technical skills (Energy efficiency of buildings, production and supply of sustainable forest biomass, use of economical cooking technologies for domestic and productive uses)
- Monitoring and Evaluation of actions by associating local partners.
- The identification and/or implementation of financial mechanisms to disseminate the solutions on a larger scale
- The production of supports for the capitalization and valorisation of experiences.
- Communication and advocacy with national and international bodies
Download our leaflet
VOUS SOUHAITEZ AGIR EN FAVEUR DE LA SOLIDARITÉ
CLIMATIQUE ET SOUTENIR NOS ACTIONS ?
Dites-nous qui vous êtes et découvrez vos moyens d’action