Social Green Fuel Enterprise: social impact assessment
SGFE (Sustainable Green Fuel Enterprise) was created in 2008 by GERES and PSE (Pour un Sourire d’Enfant) with the aim of alleviating poverty and reducing deforestation in Cambodia, as well as improving waste management in urban areas, by developing a local economic activity: manufacturing charcoal using organic waste.
SGFE has two missions:
- Promoting its charbriquettes: an alternative to traditional charcoal using recycled biomass, therefore reducing deforestation in Cambodia
- Alleviating poverty by providing stable jobs to wastepickers to help them improve their situation and facilitating schooling for their children
This report is the result of a mission carried out from October 19th to November 20th 2015 in Phnom Penh. The Planète d’Entrepreneurs team conducted interviews at the SGFE office for the workers and their children and in the customers place of work or home. The mission focused on different objectives to understand the impact of SGFE on its stakeholders:
- Assess the economic and social impact of working for SGFE for its employees
- Understand the impact of SGFE products for its clients and their reasons for purchasing and using the charbriquettes
- Qualify the impact of SGFE and PSE on the children of the workers, in terms of the economic situation of their parents or relating to their schooling
Type of publication: Study
- Edition: Planète d’Entrepreneurs
- Author: SGFE, Planète d’Entrepreneurs
- Year: 2015
- Language: English
- Pages: 35
WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE ACTION
AND SUPPORT WHAT WE DO?
Tell us who you are and find your means of action.