Towards a positive local energy in the Mediterranean
Development and sustainable integration of energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions adapted to specific territorial conditions in 11 European countries
Context and challenges
COMPOSE is a European project of the Interreg Mediterranean programme, of which Geres is the French partner. One of the priority areas of the European Union’s program dedicated to the Mediterranean regions is to promote low-carbon strategies and energy efficiency in three typologies of territories: cities, islands and rural territories.
The COMPOSE project is built on the experience of previous initiatives to provide a synthetic model for integrating renewable energy and energy efficiency into territorial planning.
Objectives and solutions
- Contribute to the energy transition of the territories covered by the project by setting up 15 pilot actions related to energy efficiency and renewable energies. In the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region, Geres is developing local energy efficiency services in partnership with local structures: home visits, socio-energy diagnostics and related advice, particularly for low-income households.
- Promote the development of skills of the territories (elected representatives, technical services, experts) on the concrete implementation of action plans related to the project’s themes.
Valuing local potentials and strengthening the green economy.
- Capitalization and dissemination of the project’s lessons throughout the Mediterranean region as well as to the political authorities of the European Union.
- Project coordinator : Chambre d’Agriculture et des Forêts de Slovénie – Institut Maribor
- Energy agencies (Portugal, Croatia)
- Universities: Tirana (Albania), Technical University of Crete (Greece)
- Kyoto Club (Italia), Institute for Strategic Studies and Prognoses (Montenegro)
- Local collectivities : City of Granollers (Spain), City of Srebrenik (Bosnia), City of Lakatamia (Cyprus)
- European Union (FEDER) / MED Programme
- seeking Local co-funders
To go futher
Your contact at Geres:
Marie-Maud GERARD, COMPOSE referent
WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE ACTION
AND SUPPORT WHAT WE DO?
Tell us who you are and find your means of action.