Analysis and capitalization of rural electrification in Mali by Geres based on the experience of various operators
Country / Year
French Development Agency (AFD)
Summary and Geres role
The mission’s objective was to carry out a capitalization study of energy access experiences in Mali. Entirely conducted by Geres, the study centred on the following two objectives:
- Capitalizing the lessons of past and current experiences of operators of decentralized grids;
- Identifying avenues to explore with a view to future planning of rural electrification in Mali.
It produced the following deliverables:
- A description of some existing sites, noting their observable and reliable characteristics.
- An overview of the technical options, an analysis of the operational status of characteristic sites and a survey of the economic models developed on those sites.
- Feedback on operating methods and, in particular, ownership of the theme by local investors, elected representatives and communities.
- Technical, operational and financial recommendations, together with a summary of investigations and lessons from the field.
VOUS SOUHAITEZ AGIR EN FAVEUR DE LA SOLIDARITÉ
CLIMATIQUE ET SOUTENIR NOS ACTIONS ?
Dites-nous qui vous êtes et découvrez vos moyens d’action